Legal Aid of Cambodia (LAC) is seeking inspiring, energetic and experienced lawyer with a vision to give a new direction to its program.
LAC’s mission is to provide quality legal aid, legal and human rights education/outreach and advocate for the poor in Cambodia in order to ensure access to justice, promote respect of law and human rights and advance legal and judicial reform. LAC is currently seeking for a qualified Legal/Vice Director.
The Legal/Vice Director will work closely with the Executive Director for the legal strategy of the organization. He analyses programs options for the organization, guides the implementation of the legal activities and ensures high quality performance in this area. He has overall responsibility to ensure that program objectives are clearly stated and that program activities are focused on achievement of stated goals.
Legal/Vice Director will work in close cooperation with program and project managers on all of program issues, will manage global legal risk related to monitoring and evaluation framework, and prepare action plan continuity strategy, and other issues impacting to LAC mission, vision and core value.
Legal/vice Director will also oversee all administrative, human resource, and financial operations in the organization as whole to ensure that it is in compliance with LAC policies and donors requirements.
Legal/Vice Director will be responsible for 80 % works related to management and 20 % of works related to leadership.
- Prepare the LAC annual narrative report
- Draft LAC annual work plan
- Assist Executive Director in developing LAC Strategy Plan every 3 or 4 years
- Supervise and monitor of the program/projects implementation.
- Nominator and control financial operation and transactions.
- Create and maintain relations with donors, ensure timely and good reporting by program managers and general lawyers.
- Cooperate with (I)NGOs, media and government in so far as related to legal issues.
- Monitoring work performed by Program Managers and Branch Offices, monitoring by comparing their work with the LAC Strategy Plan and Agreed projects with project donors.
- Developing core donor proposals
- Any other tasks assigned by Executive Director
- Master of law PLUS Master of Business Administration
- Member of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia/Non-Lawyer
- Solid professional legal experience, preferably 3 years as a lawyer and in management level
- Proven experience in administration and financial management , managing professional staff, leadership and program or project management
- Experience in fundraising and writing proposals and reports
- Influent English speaking, writing, reading.
The application is closed by 5:00 PM, Friday, May 10, 2013.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter, their resume, supporting documents to LAC Head Office: #51, St. 608, Sangkat Boeung Kak II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Tel: 023 883 914/924 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.